Sunday, November 26, 2023

Georgetown, Guyana, Virtual Cruise



If things had gone as planned with the cruise I signed up for in March 2023 (Sadly, the 3-year cruise was cancelled by the cruise line a few days ago), I would be in Georgetown, Guyana. It's hot and partly cloudy today, and may storm late in the day, but I can handle 81 degrees. 


Since the national language of Guyana is English, and during the last few stops I would have visited botanical gardens, my plan for this short stay would be shopping, or at least browsing the shops in the Stabroek Market.


There's lots of British colonial architecture in the city, so taking a short excursion by bus would be fun for me. I'm not into visiting jungle and savannahs due to my asthma, but for those who enjoy such pursuits, there is plenty of both to explore. I wouldn't suggest solo women set out by themselves here, however, as I've read warnings about abusive language and harassment.


After wandering in the shopping area, I might explore the Walter Roth Museum of Anthropology. I find this subject fascinating, and it would be less physically taxing, since it would be cool inside.  

The next few stops on our virtual 3-year cruise will be short like this one. I'll pick and choose what to do selectively, and not try to cram in lots of activities. I might just stay onboard, and read a good book. Speaking of books, if you want to learn more about Guyana, CLICK HERE (ad).



 You’re reading from the blog, EnjoytheViewTouring.com

Sign up to be notified when I post something new.

Have K-12 kids? Then you'll want my book, Free College, to show you how to help your kids earn lots of college scholarships, CLICK HERE.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I did not find your contact information, so I'll try this to reach you. I thought I'd let you know, that I wrote a blog post explaining your brilliant idea to write travel stories from the cruise you did not take! I'm in Finland and the story is in Finnish, but maybe Google Translator can help you to understand it. Here is the link to it: https://meriharakka.net/2023/11/27/juttuideoita-matkabloggaajille/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest. I hope you enjoy following my "Virtual Cruise", and learn some trick I've picked up through my past travels.

      Delete

How about South Africa?

 I'm still looking at English speaking countries for my escape if the November election goes cattywampus. Canada, the UK, Australia, New...