Sunday, April 2, 2023

Adventures Ahead



Friday, March 24, 2023

Join me in my upcoming adventures, where I will be touring the world for the next three years. But first a little background on why I’m starting this blog. Being outside, especially by the sea, is my happy place. So, when I learned about this cruise, I pounced on the opportunity. I’m sharing my photos and experiences here at the request of dozens of my Twitter followers.

The goal of my blog is to encourage other singles to travel more. By showing how I’m doing this, I hope it reduces their fear of the unknown. Travel is such an enriching experience, it would be a pity if fear of the unknown was a deterrent.

This morning, during our weekly Zoom meeting, my friend @DeborahDian, described a segment she had just watched on Good Morning America. It was about a three-year cruise around the world embarking this fall. She was shocked that the price was only $30,000 a year. I know how much I spend annually living in Laguna Niguel. So, I knew this was within my reach.

When we finished with Zoom, I went to my iPad and started investigating. I watched the online video of the segment from Good Morning America and liked what I saw. I then did more research on Google. “Wow. This looks great. I need to do this.” When I looked up, it was almost midnight. Yes, I had accomplished almost nothing else all day. I think I had lunch at around 3 o’clock. Dinner? What’s that?

It wasn’t easy for me to actually sign up for the cruise. I had difficulty picking a stateroom on the ship. Perhaps it being well after midnight had something to do with it? But after that, it was simple. Goodbye $5k, hello MV Gemini, cabin 3218. Life lesson. When an opportunity shows up, do a little research. Then pounce. 


You’re reading from the blog, EnjoytheViewTouring.com

Sign up to be notified when I post something new.

Have K-12 kids? Then you'll want my book, Free College, to show you how to help your kids earn lots of college scholarships, CLICK HERE.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to learning and traveling vicariously with you, with the hope that one day I will embark on a similar adventure. Bon voyage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet! You are certainly welcome. One of my Twitter followers made a request today, write a book. Yikes. One step at a time. Good luck. Travel is great!

      Delete
  2. So glad I came upon the CNN article just now about your upcoming cruise and that it had a link to this blog.
    As a solo UK traveller, loving road trips and cruises, I will be following your adventures with much enthusiasm. Also I'd never heard of a solo discount as we usually have to pay more, not less.
    One question....how are you dealing with medical insurance ?
    As we here don't pay for it in rhe UK, medical cover is often the largest expense on even a short trip abroad and definitely the most if going touring in the US.
    Anyway Bon Voyage and it would be great to keep in touch.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ian! The discount is 15% of the single supplement, which is usually 100% of the cost. So I'm paying 185% of the cost, not 200%. As for insurance, the company and many travelers are working on it. Not resolved yet.

      Delete
  3. E con grande piacere voglio percorrere con te questa grande e bella avventura! Ti seguirò in questo capitolo della tua vita. Piacere di conoscerti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just looked at a Great Lakes 11 day cruise starting at $10,500. Quite a deal at $30,000 a year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this cruise is a bargain. However, $30K each was the starting price, double occupancy. Although prices have gone up, it's still great, even with the single supplement (my least favorite part about cruising).

      Delete

How about South Africa?

 I'm still looking at English speaking countries for my escape if the November election goes cattywampus. Canada, the UK, Australia, New...