Friday, May 26, 2023

Allergic to Chaos



My normal routine since signing up for a three-year round-the-world cruise is to start my day by opening my iPad and reading any new posts in our resident portal. This past Sunday, May 20,2023, I saw a message from another passenger which read, “We’re still going to Istanbul”. Uh-ho. What does that mean?

It didn’t take long for someone to comment back, echoing my sense of dread. The response came quickly. We were directed to the cruise Facebook page, to read a letter from the Managing Director of our cruise.

The worst had happened. He announced he cancelled the cruise and gave his reasons for doing so. Rather than try to rehash the contents of the letter, and give the “other side” of the issue coming from the cruise company, which had been working in collaboration with the management team, here’s an article from CNN which explains what happened, CNN Article.

It took me all week to process this, but as stated in the article, deciding whether to continue with the cruise was an easy, although very sad, decision. I’m allergic to chaos. Life lesson. This felt far too risky for me. I’m out.

Now, what to do about my blog? My plan was to share my adventures on this three-year cruise with family, friends, my Twitter followers, and especially single people who have been reluctant to travel alone. About the middle of the week, I realized that I could achieve my goal, without going on this specific cruise.

After all, I’ve been single for over three decades, and I haven’t stayed home much. I can still encourage people to hang up their hats, get in a car, plane or ship and go somewhere. I will show how to do it by blogging about trips I have taken in the past, and those I take in the future. Yes. I made a list. So far, it has twenty places I intend to visit.

As I stated at the top of my blog, I encourage you to join me on my adventures. Just subscribe to this blog so you will be notified when I post something new.


You’re reading from the blog, EnjoytheViewTouring.com

Sign up to be notified when I post something new.

Have K-12 kids? Then you'll want my book, Free College, to show you how to help your kids earn lots of college scholarships, CLICK HERE.

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

 

7 comments:

  1. A few recommendations:
    1. Wherever you cruise, go west, not east. Getting an extra hour of sleep is easier to adjust to than loosing an hour by going east.

    2. I loved cruising around Cape Horn. Greal landscapes and a delightful feeling sailing to the end of the world. No guarantees, but it's highly unlikely you'll fall off.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disappointing news and your decision is very understandable. I do love your plan to continue the blog and forge your own way with travel. I look forward to reading about what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I will be happy to keep you informed.

      Delete
  3. I was looking forward to your posts. Sorry about this, but I would have cancelled too. I am a long time single traveler and look forward to a recap of your trips. I've blogged about mine over the years. https://msdeniseh553.blogspot.com/p/a-to-z-2013-tra.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about this unfortunate turn of events. I agree. Time to check out. . .There are no guarantees . . .only empty ideas and promises. Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes. It was becoming far to vague for me to continue. You enjoy your summer too!

      Delete

Palm Springs in Summer